LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MSD ignition coil

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That pump is a poor choice and might push too much fuel for the stock regulator to bypass and keep pressure in check, have to test pressure to be sure. The injector size has basically nothing to do with if you should swap the regulator unless you were going to try to make the injectors act a different size by adjusting pressure away from stock setting.
30lbs injectors are sufficient for 500rwhp NA, why do you have 35lbs injectors? Are they reprogrammed for? If not you can destroy an engine fast with too much fuel.

Bad cats could choke a motor but not cause high idle, bad evap if causing unrestricted fresh air to get in could cause high idle, same with the pcv.
Far as the coil yeah you could leave it but understand it is a replacement part not an upgrade.

Far as airbox seals that would just be more dirt on top of the K&N which does not actually filter as well as paper. Long as intake tract leaks are before the MAF they won't affect how the engine runs, just feed it dirt.

Again just to give you some perspective, I did the ignition upgrade thing, and I did the stock fit K&N thing, both mistakes.
I also tried to get creative with fuel system upgrades using a higher flow GM pump and DIY wiring upgrades, that was a mistake too and I am MUCH happier with the Racetronix kit with the I tank Walbro.
I had an adjustable regulator on my car for a short time too before going back to stock.

These forums work best if the newbs ask the senior guys FIRST and use that knowledge pool to avoid the mistakes we made. Buying a bunch of crap or misused good parts THEM asking just wastes your money, time and everyone's patience.
K&N filter especially when used by a novice trends to get oil on the MAF and screw with readings, clean the MAF.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put in the injectors for future upgrades. I plan on putting in an lt4 hot cam and an edelbrock top end kit, as well as boring the engine .30 over and stroking out. My car was dynoed at 490 horses to the wheels 2 weeks ago. My fuel pump is bad because i have to prime the engine before i start, i can also hear it screaming after the car has been running for a while. My stock injectors were clogged to ****, cracked, and the o ring seals were gone so i had to put these in a little early, never have i got a running rich issue from these injectors. When i redo the pump I'm going to throw in a new sending unit as well.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:25 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

If the pump is bad and the injectors are clogged, it makes sense to replace them. Slightly larger injectors are OK.

490RWHP is pretty decent for a LT1!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks, the bigger throttle body really made a big difference. Not to mention the *** ton of new parts I've had to put in caude the last owner let it sit for the last 6 years.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by sebe4848
.... My car was dynoed at 490 horses to the wheels 2 weeks ago. .....
Sure it was......lol!
Would that be like Shetland Pony horsepower?
Old 01-25-2015, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Something smells in here...
Old 01-25-2015, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sebe4848
I put in the injectors for future upgrades. I plan on putting in an lt4 hot cam and an edelbrock top end kit, as well as boring the engine .30 over and stroking out. My car was dynoed at 490 horses to the wheels 2 weeks ago. My fuel pump is bad because i have to prime the engine before i start, i can also hear it screaming after the car has been running for a while. My stock injectors were clogged to ****, cracked, and the o ring seals were gone so i had to put these in a little early, never have i got a running rich issue from these injectors. When i redo the pump I'm going to throw in a new sending unit as well.
Either you are a troll or so stupid you should not be allowed to check the air pressure on a bicycle.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:36 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If your car is putting down 490hp, why would you be considering the LT4 cam? What cam and heads are you running now? How is the car putting down 490hp? Was that dyno reading taken when your car was on a cocaine binge and prior to it entering rehab?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtienut
Sure it was......lol!
Would that be like Shetland Pony horsepower?
No, the decimal point was in the wrong spot.....It's 49.0 horsepower.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:18 PM
Launching!

I just wasted alot of time reading this...where do I even start

no tune, 35# injectors, regulator (adjusted)= idles weird and runs rich? weird

Quick Reply: MSD ignition coil