LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ready to install cam.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ready to install cam.

Well i got a 96 camaro ready to buy a cam and get it installed. Im gonna have my LT's, Plugs installed at the same time as well. Im looking for a reputable shop in los angeles area that charges a fair price, anyone have any suggestions. Also im looking to go with a CC503 cam with supporting mods. Is there a good place to purchase it with the rockers and other supporting parts. I will do a before and after dyno to get an idea. Does someone know a list of parts i would need? Sorry for the question guys, i appreciate the advice.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hot Rod mag uses this place, what about them?
http://www.westechperformance.com/partscomponents.htm
I imagine labor is going to kill you no matter where you go, can you do the work yourself?
Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Default Dyno

I've had good experiences with Westech Performance Dyno service. I don't see a lot of parts changing going on there but their dyno technicians are first-rate.

c
Old 01-15-2015, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't know if the 503 and LTs will pass Cali emissions. Lloyd can custom grind a cam similar that will pass but you'll still need CARB legal headers.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish i could do the work but i would cause more damage then good. This car is driven once every 2 weeks. Emisions is not a worry. One of my friends told me to save cost just go with rockers and full bolt ons and ill be happy with the power and labor since im gonna install nitrous anyway.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

"emissions are not a worry"....so you have a way of getting around smog testing in Calif. Those "buddy" shops are getting very hard to find now since the STAR system kicked in especially for OBD2 cars (96 & newer)

Juice will make power...but on a stock "non forged" bottom end (pistons) the engine life can be short lived.

If this is the route you will take make sure your fuel system and tune are spot on. Given you will ony make power when the bottle is on...that fun will be in short bursts.

Find a good shop, since you say you can't do the work, open up your wallet and put in a LE H/C package, headers and a good tune
Old 01-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Banned

Try LAPD: http://thelapd.com/

Theyre not to far from you in Chatsworth. I bought my camaro GM LT1 crate engine from them and they will negotiate. The seem like great people.

Quick Reply: Ready to install cam.