LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stock 24lb Injectors Too Small?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From G. Banish "tuning HP FI systems" page 44 "A 20% safety margine will usually be sufficient to prevent the overheating the injector drivers". Again this is on page 45 and the warnings begin on page 38. How did u miss that? "Banish DVDs..watched them several times over), reading(all his books"

I proved u wrong in this case just as i proved u worng for the inj voltage offsets of which u had a total misconception and then tried to say "they will change with a change in base fuel pressure as well.......". Flat out lie as they change the pulsewidth.

So your consistently lying hoping the uninformed will believe someone that wears his credentials on his sleeve. The fact is either your a pathological lier/troll. Or one of the biggest quacks i have ever encountered. Yes your a certified documented farce.

Well since u have followed me from one forum to the next that answer's it - your also a troll. I havent posted on that forum for months - and i can still post there whenever i want - but i dont recall any discussion with u. Your fairly scarey putting this much time and effort trying to deceive and lie to others on the internet. But for what? Get away from me now! Your a psychopath stalking me.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Which PCM is that statement based on?

Basically NOT a valid concern on the LT1 PCM.

Which brings us to cardo's tendency to try to apply very outdated and "universal" data to the LT1.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cardo0
From G. Banish "tuning HP FI systems" page 44 "A 20% safety margine will usually be sufficient to prevent the overheating the injector drivers". Again this is on page 45 and the warnings begin on page 38. How did u miss that? "Banish DVDs..watched them several times over), reading(all his books"
Hey now cardolt, are you intentionally mis-typing Banish's quotes to make him appear as illiterate as you are? Need a buddy?
With your mastery of English spelling and grammar, I'm not surprised you can't comprehend what more intelligent people have written down for you. Call it petty if you want, but attention to detail, or lack of, in a certain area of one's life tends to show up in other areas as well
Old 01-27-2015, 07:13 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany way, OP... The moral of the story is, you have quality 24lb injectors using stock pressure it will more than support 350rwhp.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I proved u wrong in this case just as i proved u worng for the inj voltage offsets of which u had a total misconception and then tried to say "they will change with a change in base fuel pressure as well.......". Flat out lie as they change the pulsewidth.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Look at this SVO Ford injector calibration sheet.....
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...-9593-b302.pdf

See the list of definitions below from that sheet? See what I've highlighted in bold? That is a multiplier offset, for the Injector voltage offsets, when there is a change in fuel rail pressure from the original base pressure of 39.15.

High slope, low slope, fuel breakpoint, and injector voltage offsets are all a function of injection pressure or as we commonly call it, fuel rail pressure. All have multipliers to apply when the base fuel rail pressure is changed from 39.15.

Now, BS your way out of that.....or are the folks at Ford SVO quacks as well?
  • ALOSL "low" injector slope
  • AHISL "high" injector slope
  • FUEL_BKPT Fuel mass at which to switch from low to high injector slope
  • MINPW Minimum repeatable fuel pulsewidth at 39.15 psid
  • FNPW_LSCOMP Multiplier to low slope as a function of injection pressure in psid
  • FNPW_HSCOMP Multiplier to high slope as a function of injection pressure in psid
  • FNPW_BKCOMP Multiplier to FUEL_BKPT as a function of injection pressure in psid
  • FNPW_OFFSET Injector voltage offset as a function of battery voltage
  • FNPW_OFFCOMP Multiplier on FNPW_OFFSET as a function of injection pressure in psid

I had to look the above over when I got home today...

Greg is not referencing injector duty cycle on page 44. It's the minimum injector fuel flow rating. The 20% value he speaks of is advising the reader to take the minimum injector flow rate calculated and then bump it up by 20%.

You have again not completely read the information. You skimmed over it and missed what was being fully communicated. Now in this case you kinda got lucky because injector flow rate is proportional to the injector duty cycle. When the engine is at WOT, that may shake down to the duty cycle actually hovering around 80%, but no where on this page does it state that operating above 80% duty cycle will burn up the ECM/PCM injector drivers as you asserted a few posts before.

Also if you look on page 38, where he actually does mention duty cycle, prior to this quote he is speaking on 100% duty cycle, not 80% duty cycle mind you.....

Quoting from that page....
"Second, the electrical transistors on the board of the ECU are being driven at 100% of their capacity without any rest. This puts a lot of current and ultimately heat through them, which may damage the drivers over the long term and render the ECU inoperable."

Notice he said MAY damage the drivers over the long term. Not WILL.....big difference there. This will ultimately depend on how well the ECU/PCM is designed.

For a '96 LT1, looking at DTC P0200(Injector Control Circuit) references in the Factory F-body manual....these are the faults that the '96 LT1 PCM is looking for to set DTC P0200 and shut down the injector driver(s) before a fault kills them.....quoted from the F-body manual.
  • A grounded circuit.
  • An open circuit.
  • A circuit shorted to voltage.
  • An injector that is open.
  • An injector that is shorted or has low resistance.

So there is a good bit of protection there.......

...and let me correct you here as well since you missed it....
The tune should tell u everything. U need to find an LT1 tuner and see for yourself. But if u do change injectors u need to change the tune for the new injector specs: pulse width, open and close delay time.

I think it is easier to increase the fuel press for more flow. That way your injector specs remain the same but the flow rate changes. New flow rate Qf = stock flow rate Qs times square root of new higher press P2 divided by original press P1: Qf = Qs x square root of (P2/P1).
Ex: 24lb/hr x sqr rt (50psi/40psi) = 26.8lb/hr
U just need to program in the new higher flow rate. Solomon should be able to change that.

Good luck.
Base pressure for the LT1 system is 43.5psi. You put 40psi....so your equation above is screwed up as well.

Details make all the difference and as I pointed out before, you have your details mixed up.

Last edited by ACE1252; 01-27-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany way, OP... The moral of the story is, you have quality 24lb injectors using stock pressure it will more than support 350rwhp.
Yeah, your right. I've muddied up the thread trying to correct the nonsense being posted by Cardo0. I'll knock it off now as there is no telling him anything.

For future upgrades, it may not be bad for the OP to go with 30# units, if he has to buy a new set anyway(assuming from stockers being so old). That may have been mentioned already.

I'm sorry for the trouble guys.

Last edited by ACE1252; 01-27-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by ACE1252
Yeah, your right. We've muddied up the thread trying to correct the nonsense being posted by Cardo0. I'll knock it off now as there is no telling him anything.
Nope. You're good!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, your right. I've muddied up the thread trying to correct the nonsense being posted by Cardo0. I'll knock it off now as there is no telling him anything.

For future upgrades, it may not be bad for the OP to go with 30# units, if he has to buy a new set anyway(assuming from stockers being so old). That may have been mentioned already.

I'm sorry for the trouble guys.
Never apologize when you've spent a decent amount of time laying out such quality information. It's not often you can feel like you learned something valuable on this forum.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Aaaaaaanyways lol Solomon just shipped my pcm back to me today. I thought it would be a little quicker turn around time since I shipped it to him on the 16th but I've been pretty patient with this build. And I had him go ahead and tune it for the 30lb injectors that came in my 5.0 so I guess I'll be using them. Hopefully it'll run better
Old 01-30-2015, 04:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post an update when you get it back on the road. I currently have a Solomon tune for my hotcam.

Im going with a somewhat similar setup later on in the year when I get home. LE Heads/Cam 223/231 and should expect to see the same numbers at the wheels if not a little more. Im set on going with 30#'s. Ive heard 30# are necessary and 24 couldnt support it and vice versa. Never could get a clear answer since it seems everyone watched a few episodes of Bill Nye the Science guy on PBS and now has a masters degree in engineering. lol
Old 01-30-2015, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
...LE Heads/Cam 223/231 and should expect to see the same numbers at the wheels if not a little more. Im set on going with 30#'s....
Good choice. With good heads, and everything set up right, that cam should make an easy 375 at the wheels. I'd hate to try 24's and then have to re-do the tune with 30's.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to know how your tune ends up as well. I was thinking of having Solomon tune my CC503/stock head setup.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks bowtienut. That was my theory on it as well. I dont want to have to redo anything. Im anxious to see the improvement that the Heads/cam make. The bosch type 3 30# injectors are looking like a nice alternative to the SVO redtops.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Banned

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Look at this SVO Ford injector calibration sheet.....
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...-9593-b302.pdf

.... injector voltage offsets are all a function of injection pressure or as we commonly call it, fuel rail pressure.
Now, BS your way out of that.....or are the folks at Ford SVO quacks as well?

No, just you ACE!

Greg is not referencing injector duty cycle on page 44. It's the minimum injector fuel flow rating. The 20% value he speaks of is advising the reader to take the minimum injector flow rate calculated and then bump it up by 20%.

You have again not completely read the information. You skimmed over it and missed what was being fully communicated. Now in this case you kinda got lucky because injector flow rate is proportional to the injector duty cycle. When the engine is at WOT, that may shake down to the duty cycle actually hovering around 80%, but no where on this page does it state that operating above 80% duty cycle will burn up the ECM/PCM injector drivers as you asserted a few posts before.

Also if you look on page 38, where he actually does mention duty cycle, prior to this quote he is speaking on 100% duty cycle, not 80% duty cycle mind you.....

Quoting from that page....
"Second, the electrical transistors on the board of the ECU are being driven at 100% of their capacity without any rest. This puts a lot of current and ultimately heat through them, which may damage the drivers over the long term and render the ECU inoperable."

Notice he said MAY damage the drivers over the long term. Not WILL.....big difference there. This will ultimately depend on how well the ECU/PCM is designed.

Your a flaming quack. Ford voltage offset characteristics dont work on a GM inject. Go back to that corrupt forum where u came from and explain to those cronies how u need to use Ford voltage offsets on your Chevy injector. Im sure they will love it.
That and how u plan to run injector to 100% duty cyle. U cant get that straight and keep denying the truth is your problem - shows your ability to distort good information as continue with your farce logic.
And the this thread shows u can find a few of the same faceless trolls here that have zero information in thier profile only shows what your engineering is a farce that attracts loosers.

Get a life and seek treatment Farce Maker!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Cardo0, the only one who needs treatment here is you. Good luck with that too, because last time I checked there is no cure for stupid. I'm sorry, but there is no other way to describe your actions.

Last edited by ACE1252; 02-04-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

ACE, please stay on this forum, you have alot of good information to distribute. Cardo0, as always, go away.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Banned

Ah yes its Butt head again and i can see u have fully elaborated the extend of your EFI tuning knowledge. Your act is to follow me badmouthing post to post, forum to forum. Just like that Farce u suck up to, and that Big Time Nothing doing spell checking for me now. Same trolls, different thread. Like im gonna leave because some wannabe big mouth that has never even swapped a cam before let alone a full rebuild is still butt hurt. He expects he just regurgitate what his bolt on peers say and others wont know better. His talk'n trash is trying to hide the fact he hasnt done poop to an LT1 engine and that he knows even less.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Are we ever going to graduate from kindergarten here????????
Old 02-09-2015, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

cardOeatshitanddieyoustupidsonofabitch
Old 02-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Banned

Dang no spelling or grammar there!

Nope no one hereh gonna gradjiwate from noth'n! U have ta go somewhere else to help others. And we caint waite.

Quick Reply: Stock 24lb Injectors Too Small?