LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Project Blown Money Pit - 3rd Times the Charm

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird31
Just so you know, I just got done doing the 24x conversion and a couple other mods (haven't posted on here in a while)...and after seeing this thread, and working at the shop I'm at now...I want boost...
It's a lot of fun when it works right. Do your homework and when you are done reading, read some more lol.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You seem to be doing good and doing it fast, I did my third build, going from a procharger to turbo some 3 years ago and only have app 10 miles on the new setup. Just been working on things that I should of done way back, Installed a line lock, rolled the fenders, installed a new viper 6 speed. Sending it to a shop to get some custom headers made and then try to figure out the biggest issue is, I cannot get the boost up, can only get 10lbs..Good to see your build going nicely..
Old 01-30-2015, 06:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
You seem to be doing good and doing it fast, I did my third build, going from a procharger to turbo some 3 years ago and only have app 10 miles on the new setup. Just been working on things that I should of done way back, Installed a line lock, rolled the fenders, installed a new viper 6 speed. Sending it to a shop to get some custom headers made and then try to figure out the biggest issue is, I cannot get the boost up, can only get 10lbs..Good to see your build going nicely..
If I was doing it myself it would likely never get done or take me years. My intent was to do this once and have it last for a while. Hopefully this last config will be good for a bit but I'm sure I will still tinker. Good luck with your build and hope you solve the boost issue.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

So so this happened today....

Removed the rails from the car and took apart the regulator. I replaced the diaphram, all the o-rings and bolted everything back up. No leaks. The diaphram didn't look bad at all but there were a couple barely finger tight fasteners so I think that was the issue.

I only let the car run for a few minutes since I will eventually need to bleed the cooling system and the tuner needs to tweak my idle AFR. Everything out of the exhaust was water vapor from condensation. Not a bit of oil. Sooooo damn excited.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Better audio in this vid (GoPro).

Old 01-31-2015, 10:33 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Sounds like you have a serious belt or pulley issue man.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Sounds like you have a serious belt or pulley issue man.
Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see if they can diagnose the issue .
Old 02-01-2015, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on getting it running! That supercharger sounds so awesome!

I noticed your running a breather on each valve cover. Would i be safe in assuming that you deleted your pvc system?
Old 02-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT

I noticed your running a breather on each valve cover. Would i be safe in assuming that you deleted your pvc system?
He has some quasimodo system setup.

It will all be deleted soon enough.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT

Thanks man. For the first start in the car, I am just running the breathers. I'm debating on whether I want to run the former setup or just breathers with a puke tank. The former setup was a MightyMouse PCV catch can. I would run a single breather with the PCV port going to the inlet of the can. The outlet is a check valve going to the port below the TB.

I didn't run the can long enough to really see how effective it was so I may give it another go.

He has some quasimodo system setup.

It will all be deleted soon enough.
Deleting it eh? We will see.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Really should have installed this gas heater in the garage years ago. Makes it a pleasure to work in the comfort while temps outside are sub-freezing.

Yes it is oversized but it was free and works great. I picked up a wireless thermostat so I can kick it on from anywhere and get the garage up to the desired temperature.

As for the car, I replaced the O2 sensors and wideband sensor. I've passed quite a bit of oil past the old sensors so a fresh set made sense. The MightMouse PCV can is hooked up. Factory PCV port gets connected to the inlet of the can. Outlet has a check valve which goes to the intake port below the throttle body. Passenger valve cover just gets a oil fill cap (no breather) and drivers side gets the breather. Hopefully it works as well as they say it should.

Got the car up to temp and AFR is looking good now. Coolant system took forever to bleed and I think needs a little more.

Now these roads need to clear up so I can take it for a ride!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, great reading and thx for sharing. U should have titled this one Blood, Sweat and Tears. And I think u deserve a dedication award for all your efforts to your LT1.

I see u installed a lot of UMI suspension hardware. I shopping now and dont know what to choose. The Spohn parts look great. Why did u choose UMI?
Old 02-08-2015, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish I could have a heater like that for free. I just simply refuse to work in the garage in really cold temps. However, I pulled my car out and let run for 15 minutes yesterday. Also, I'm going to was wax my GTP on Monday. Because it is going to 70 degrees in Denver...in February.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

That's a fine engine bay. Keep it clean
Old 02-08-2015, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cardo0
Wow, great reading and thx for sharing. U should have titled this one Blood, Sweat and Tears. And I think u deserve a dedication award for all your efforts to your LT1.

I see u installed a lot of UMI suspension hardware. I shopping now and dont know what to choose. The Spohn parts look great. Why did u choose UMI?
Thanks and you may be right. It was a team effort through and through. I cashed in any and all favors to get things done. I sometimes question the amount of time/$$ put into this platform but then I think of other things to avoid depression .

The front K, upper/lower a-arms, torque arm and rear LCA's are all UMI. The drag bar is a BMR piece. Honestly, I started with the UMI stuff as they had (still have) a solid reputation, good prices and a well built product. I went with the BMR drag bar as this was a bolt-on piece not requiring any welding. Everything has worked well however the K was a little tricky to install.

Originally Posted by 94FBIRD
I wish I could have a heater like that for free. I just simply refuse to work in the garage in really cold temps. However, I pulled my car out and let run for 15 minutes yesterday. Also, I'm going to was wax my GTP on Monday. Because it is going to 70 degrees in Denver...in February.
I had a little propane heater which actually did the job pretty well but the fumes would get to you after a little while. It was also a noisy little bastard as well. I donated to a buddy of mine so he can hopefully get motivated to finish his car.

Originally Posted by 383z
That's a fine engine bay. Keep it clean
Thanks!!
Old 04-05-2015, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

Quick update. I had the car tuned at Tune Time in Lakewood, NJ last weekend and everything went very well. The car made very good power and the tune feels spot on from the drivers seat. The car starts, idles and drives very well.

Typical mustang heart breaker numbers but we will see what it does at the track. I did attend a dyno day (LTxTech.com hosted) this past weekend and below are the numbers on a dynojet. Peak boost was about 17lbs.

Mustang #s: 686rwhp/632rwtq
Dynojet #'s: 777rwhp/660rwtq
(reading for tq was fubared due to tach signal issues)

Old 04-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Man-Crush Warning

777hp???? Wow!!!

Assuming a 4k lb flying sled, you could run like 10.00 with that much power!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

777hp???? Wow!!!

Assuming a 4k lb flying sled, you could run like 10.00 with that much power!
Piece of cake.....
Old 04-05-2015, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice car! Awesome to see someone else not giving up on the vert.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Let me know if you ever want to sell this car. I have cash for it

Quick Reply: Project Blown Money Pit - 3rd Times the Charm