LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Having trouble tracking down a part.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having trouble tracking down a part.

Anybody have any ideas on where to get a clutch fork for a 6 speed these days? My throwout bearing decided to grenade itself the other day, and last time I pulled the trans the fork/pivot assembly had a lot of slop in it, so I want to throw some new parts on it. Everywhere I've looked says back ordered though.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:13 AM
Launching!

Dunno if you checked with these guys yet, hawks third gen and the gear box don't have it, but they might. You have to call on availability though. Good luck with the search.

http://autogear.net/ag_archive/warnergearT56_106.htm

Part info from pricing list:

B8 Clutch Release Fork Assy 1252 3312 13-86-596-004
Old 02-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jaxem
Dunno if you checked with these guys yet, hawks third gen and the gear box don't have it, but they might. You have to call on availability though. Good luck with the search.

http://autogear.net/ag_archive/warnergearT56_106.htm

Part info from pricing list:

B8 Clutch Release Fork Assy 1252 3312 13-86-596-004
I tried about 7 places today. The only one that had one was hawks, but it's used off a 150k car, so it's probably in the same shape mine is. Idk how were supposed to use these transmissions without shift forks. lol
Old 02-21-2015, 08:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know what LS1Tech's policy is, on posting vendor website links, so I won't post a direct link. However, one of the long time "site sponsors" of the Corvette Forum, also an IB owned website, is Gene Culley, who has recently re-organized his business, and now operates under the name, "Cultrag Performance". He's helped out MANY people, over the years, at the CF, and if it's a GM part, and still available, he can usually get it.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

OP

if your fork isn't cracked, bent, broken or the part where it pivots on the "T" is not worn just use it. There is some "slop" in it when no slave is holding pressure on it before you attach the slave. Confirm the "T" is not worn to the point it may need replacing and the bolt holding it is TQ correctly. You may be able to find the "T" available. It and the bolt holding it are typically sold separately.

I was able to get one a year or so ago from The Gear Box...but from what I see new ones are either gone now or very hard to find

Quick Reply: Having trouble tracking down a part.