Lt1 MAF Tuning help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 MAF Tuning help?

Hi everyone
I'm lost!

Based on recent logs, I have made some smallish changes to my MAF table. Mostly higher up, so I really was surprised to find that the car wont even idle after the changes. I even flashed a second time to make sure.

I've gone back to my previous tune and everything seems fine. The only changes made were as shown below. Am I really out to lunch thinking small changes like this would prevent the car from running?

Any ideas or information would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: xls
MafChange.xls (26.5 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by sk8rh8r; 06-20-2015 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Put tables into excel for easier viewing
Old 06-23-2015, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You are adding way too much fuel. To give you an example at 4048Hz you are adding 47% more fuel. If you have a datalog that you can attach I can take a look at it and provide you the MAF recurve. For example if you want to add say 2% more fuel at a certain Hz then you would multiply the Original value by 1.02.
If you want 10% more fuel at a certain Hz then you would multiply the original value by 1.10. Start off with small multiples such as 1.02, 1.05, 1.07 ...
Old 06-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey FrankieD
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
I really thought I was doing as you have suggested, but haven't looked closely at the spreadsheet I created to do the calculations since last year. It sounds like I may have messed up the formula.

I won't have the car out until next weekend (the laptop is in the cR), but will have a look at that time. Will report back.

Quick Reply: Lt1 MAF Tuning help?