LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1993 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 camaro

Who has the fastest 93 camaro with stock pcm. By stock I mean factory style computer. What's your fastest times with a little description. I've been 10.30 at 131 so far with 1.31 60 ft. Stock ported heads, intake, cam. Working on new build with afr's, Vic jr, bigger hr cam. Please post times and setups. I don't see many 93's left out there running fairly fast. Thanks! ( almost forgot, spraying 150 )

Last edited by Waylond; 06-25-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Waylond
Who has the fastest 93 camaro with stock pcm. By stock I mean factory style computer. What's your fastest times with a little description. I've been 10.30 at 131 so far with 1.31 60 ft. Stock ported heads, intake, cam. Working on new build with afr's, Vic jr, bigger hr cam. Please post times and setups. I don't see many 93's left out there running fairly fast. Thanks! ( almost forgot, spraying 150 )
Hell of a 60'.

There are a ton of fast 93's, but most ditch the terrible factory computer because flashing the chips is a PITA compared to just directly flashing the PCM through the OBD port.

Mine is getting yanked out for the new build for the extra RPM and ease of tuning.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

You start breaking it down that far, fastest 93 with stock PCM, you might as well say fastest green t tops manual windows 97, or something. I dunno, that's fast though, who tuned it?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed wright about 10 years ago. I sold the car about 3 years ago and they guy did nothing to it but drive it. He called me the other day and wanted to know if I wanted it back. With that being said, I just wanted to know how much faster had anyone else gone on the chip style computer. Is mid nines pushing the factory pcm or can it go much faster? I'm sure there's got to be someone out there. My car is setup. Full suspension just needing more power.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Waylond
Ed wright about 10 years ago. I sold the car about 3 years ago and they guy did nothing to it but drive it. He called me the other day and wanted to know if I wanted it back. With that being said, I just wanted to know how much faster had anyone else gone on the chip style computer. Is mid nines pushing the factory pcm or can it go much faster? I'm sure there's got to be someone out there. My car is setup. Full suspension just needing more power.
It's not so much pushing the computer itself, just the RPM limit.

To run 9s NA you need either a ton of cubes - which we physically can't get - or a ton of RPMs - which the stock computer can't do.

Boosting or spraying is a totally different story, but I wouldn't want to tune an aggressive boosted 93 with a chip burner and manually editing VE tables. Would be a PITA.

Quick Reply: 1993 camaro