LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Parts questions rockers and rocker arms

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts questions rockers and rocker arms

I have a forged 355 balanced and blue printed. I bought the comp pro mags that everyone recommends http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-1605-16/overview/ Does any one know what kind of push rod guides I need to run? And do I need ARP rocker studs or will the stock ones be fine? Cause if not I need to know so I can change out the studs before I put on the rockers. Thanks if all else fails I will call Comp Cams.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You rgoing to have to buy 7/16 studs for those rockers. I would run the Isky guidplates. They will give you the best results when lining up the valve train. You will also need to buy hardened pushrods for those guidplates.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

I agree, Trick flow Push rods used to be the cheapest chromoly push rod for SBC but not sure these days. If you don't have a welder or a good way to do it you may rethink on the Isky guide plates. They are suppose to be welded( though ive seen some that hasn't and been fine). From what Ive heard the trick flows or Gm performance is the second best route. FWIW do not use an erson. They are not even close, I got soe from one of our ditributers and they were awful lining up. Ended up going with Isky
Old 09-13-2015, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Ok. I haven't heard of Isky, I will look into them. Anyone has the part number for them. Plus will the 7/16 studs be necessary? What size are the stock ones.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

It appears that the #1604 Ultra Pro Mag rocker arms are only available for 7/16" studs. You absolutely cannot run a 7/16" rocker on a 3/8" stud. I recommend ARP studs that are extra long for roller rocker arms. Be advised that the rocker arm trunion can be installed with the flat either up or down. Be sure that the flat on the trunion is facing up before adjusting the valves. You will need to follow the instructions for measuring for determining proper pushrod length.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Ok, yeah wasn't aware the studs were different. That's a no brainer, I have ARP for everything else keep up the tradition. Isky's guide plates look like they should be welded. Reading stories on how long it takes. Supposed to be worth it, I don't doubt it. But I'm not welder. And to install the guide plates and take the block to someone seems a lil dumb. Anyone else running any other guide plates?

Quick Reply: Parts questions rockers and rocker arms