LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 v6 swap to lt1

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 v6 swap to lt1

So here is the plan... I have a 97 z28 that I'm going to swap to a 5.3 with turbo. I picked up a 94 v6 roller originally for body parts, but got to thinking maybe I should put the lt1 in there and sell it to help raise money for the other build. What all is needed to swap from the v6 to the lt1? Does the k member need changed? Anything different under the dash, or with the guages. Or am I better off selling the engine and trans by themselves? Engine and trans has around 130k on them. Lt4 hot cam kit, new coated pacesetter long tubes, 30lb injectors, moroso cai, t56, stage 2 clutch I believe, msd opti, msd wires, msd 6a... what do you guys think? I figure a whole car will bring more money, but will it be enough to justify all the work?
Old 09-24-2015, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dracula4999
So here is the plan... I have a 97 z28 that I'm going to swap to a 5.3 with turbo. I picked up a 94 v6 roller originally for body parts, but got to thinking maybe I should put the lt1 in there and sell it to help raise money for the other build. What all is needed to swap from the v6 to the lt1? Does the k member need changed? Anything different under the dash, or with the guages. Or am I better off selling the engine and trans by themselves? Engine and trans has around 130k on them. Lt4 hot cam kit, new coated pacesetter long tubes, 30lb injectors, moroso cai, t56, stage 2 clutch I believe, msd opti, msd wires, msd 6a... what do you guys think? I figure a whole car will bring more money, but will it be enough to justify all the work?
I don't think there's anyway you would get paid back for all the many hours of work and nickel and diming paying for various misc. parts an engine swap would take. I would just sell the engine, various aftermarket parts, and roller separate to maximize profit. All those performance parts parts won't add any real value to a car, but they can easily be sold separately...
Old 09-24-2015, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

You will NOT make money selling an LT1 car that you worked on EVER unless you convert it to run on water and exhaust $20 bills.

Quick Reply: 94 v6 swap to lt1