LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question

So I have a 93 Z28, and I'm going to be redoing the entire exhaust system. I've already bought some TSP longtubes, but I need a y pipe, and I'm not seeing one for the LT1 on their website. Does anyone know if the LS1 y pipe will fit, or do I need to look elsewhere?

Also, since I live in VA, I'm thinking I should probably go with a catted y so I can pass inspection. Is this necessary? Or am I just SOL?

Any help with either of these questions is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Launching!

I have their catted Y on my Pacesetters and it fits great actually, tucked up very tight
Old 11-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Teching In

You have the LS1 y pipe, right? Unless I missed it, I didn't see one for the LT.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLDRD93Z
You have the LS1 y pipe, right? Unless I missed it, I didn't see one for the LT.
Yes, i bought it without realizing it was 'LS1 specific' then noticed on the website after they shipped it....thought oh well, took it to my exhaust shop, they didn't have a bit of trouble with it, besides deciding that it would all have to be welded (my preference anyway)
Old 11-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jaxem
Yes, i bought it without realizing it was 'LS1 specific' then noticed on the website after they shipped it....thought oh well, took it to my exhaust shop, they didn't have a bit of trouble with it, besides deciding that it would all have to be welded (my preference anyway)
Awesome. So are catted y pipes really that much more expensive? I just looked at the prices and was like
Old 11-23-2015, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLDRD93Z
Awesome. So are catted y pipes really that much more expensive? I just looked at the prices and was like
yeah, kind of a downer. Around here, you have to have cats, period, no one will work on your car if you don't.

Expensive little guys, but bullet cats are usually about $100 each, so really it's not a bad price, esp since they're already welded into the piping for you

Quick Reply: Exhaust question