LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 runs rough at idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lt1 runs rough at idle

Hi everyone
Just like the heading my lt1 has recently starred to run rough at idle more like a skip, seems to run OK driving no apparent skip runs smooth. It doespecially have a ses light on, I scanned the car for codes and it was multiple misfires and the snap shot showed that cylinder 2 had over 2k of misfires and cylinder 3 1 misfire. I went ahead and changed my spark plugs to the ngk tr55 and the ran a lot better driving but still has the funny skip in gear idle or in park idle. I'm wondering if anybody thinks it's either a idle control valve or injector. I was going to check to see what the fuel pressure might be. Any other suggestions would be great I'll start checking things as the go's on as time will allow me to have. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

plug wires?
Old 12-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

You know I didn't really think of them sense there in great shape and it does make sense the warmer the car gets the more it runs rough. Thank you steveo. I'll get a set of new wires this week and try it.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Should've asked before but what would be the best set of wires to get, I have msd on the car now. They look to be in good shape but that's the deceiving of possible bad wires.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i always just throw ac delco brand wires on unless i want shiny red wires, they're cheap and reliable. any brand of wire will be destroyed if routed incorrectly.

Quick Reply: Lt1 runs rough at idle