LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Water pump and electronic ignition

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump and electronic ignition

Can't read diagrams. I need pics on how to wire my electric water pump with indicating light and ignition box. If anyone has one with the part number to the indictor light that would be awsome. Thanks guys.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The "indicator light" is any 12V light you want to use with power wire and ground wire.

There are diagrams floating around on how to wire the light into the circuit so it comes on when the water pump loses power (fuse blows) or loses ground connection. Basically whenever the pump is not energized.

You will need to become familiar with 12V car relays in order to do this. My Meziere was supplied with a inline 30A relay along with a inline fuse. This allows you to "trigger" the relay via a switched ignition wire (anything that is ONLY "on" when key is in KOEO/KOER position") which is how they tell you to wire it. When relay is triggered, it allows full current/power from battery circuit. I have my WP turning on when my fuel pump is energized..basically when I click my key over to "auxiliary" position it will turn on.

The light is a further step using the same relay but "opposite" how you wired the WP. This relay is always energized (when in KOEO/KOER) by the power going to the WP. If this relay loses power to it, which means the WP lost power, the warning light will light up.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Ok so how do you wire it? I'm a visual learner when it comes to the electrical other things can be explained but I don't get any schematics that are online.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't mean to sound like I don't want to help, but you are asking people to take pictures of every single wire and where/how it is wired is a lofty request...you want a specific write up "how to" with pictures which I personally don't have time to do/record.

If your weak spot is understanding wiring schematic then maybe you can ask someone you know that may understand it. Or have someone that knows wiring/mechanical aspects to do it for you.

I have a mechanical engineering degree, even though there are plenty of wiring schematics online showing how to do it they can still be confusing as to why someone did it the way they did. I did mine combining a couple different setups.

I can only suggest doing some research about wiring and use this as a learning process to broaden your automotive abilities.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

I hear you. It's only two wires at this point I just want it to run so I can get this car to the port to ship.

Quick Reply: Water pump and electronic ignition