LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

CALL911 new build. Kinda made a lot of power...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myltwon
amazing video, love the car and have been watching it progress over the years.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Awesome build! Turbo > everything
Thanks John! Although I did go elsewhere for my Hotside I have always thought you do great work, and actually referred a guy from Indy to you about a year ago and you built him a killer setup for his Precision 7675!
Old 06-28-2016, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Your car sounds really good Ben. At least 90 percent of the turbo setups I see people just dump their exhaust out the hood or the front fender. Turbo cars sound way better imo with actual full exhaust. At least a setup with a muffler or resonator in place.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
Your car sounds really good Ben. At least 90 percent of the turbo setups I see people just dump their exhaust out the hood or the front fender. Turbo cars sound way better imo with actual full exhaust. At least a setup with a muffler or resonator in place.
Thanks dude! Yeah, I didn't want to do a dump put the fender or hood. I like the fact it makes crazy power through the single 3" exhaust and muffler (speaking of which I may have a record for that doing 870 RWHP like that).

I have a dump for the car o can put on if the exhaust is taken off just after the downpipe. It doesn't sound as good with it on and likely I will not use it much but nice to know I can free up some power easily by doing so.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing!!! . More motivation for me. Everything was done right with this build. Enjoy!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You necked down a 4inch vband to 3 inch? Impressive.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Thanks man!

Thanks John! Although I did go elsewhere for my Hotside I have always thought you do great work, and actually referred a guy from Indy to you about a year ago and you built him a killer setup for his Precision 7675!
No worries, hotside looks great! I appreciate the referral!
Old 06-28-2016, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
You necked down a 4inch vband to 3 inch? Impressive.
Yeah, not the best idea for restriction and power, but only way I could get it to go through my Borla muffler. I was really impressed it was able to do 870 RWHP like that.

But after dropping the exhaust at the 4" downpipe and adding only 4 more pounds of boost and seeing 1,008 RWHP it was obvious how much that part of the exhaust was restricting the power.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
Amazing!!! . More motivation for me. Everything was done right with this build. Enjoy!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by RealQuick
No worries, hotside looks great! I appreciate the referral!
Nick Eggers did a good job. There was some additional fabrication needed to make things fit and work, but overall happy with it. Not too many choices for turbo stuff for LT1 cars out there and glad to see you are still making some awesome kits!
Old 06-28-2016, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would think of it as something you can do down the road if you get bored to make more power easily on the street. If I were you I would just run a 4 inch pipe for a couple feet to a electric cutout then neck back into your Borla. The best place for a cutout is right behind the passenger rear seat. There is a notch in the floor pan where you can tuck it up there with a turn down. I had that setup on my car before I went to the Kooks true duals. Mounted the rocker switch right next to the ashtray. Not that it matters. Car makes serious power. I would lean more towards putting a wheel and tire on the back that you can ramp more boost in earlier than adding power that you can't use till later. Same situation I am in with my Neon. Can only ramp the power up till 80-90mph.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's definitely an lt1 steering shaft, don't know if you are screwing with me. The ls1 shaft is 90 degrees off hooking up to the rack and there are a few ways to remedy this. My rag joint had play and the ls1 tightened it up nicely.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

I would think of it as something you can do down the road if you get bored to make more power easily on the street. If I were you I would just run a 4 inch pipe for a couple feet to a electric cutout then neck back into your Borla. The best place for a cutout is right behind the passenger rear seat. There is a notch in the floor pan where you can tuck it up there with a turn down. I had that setup on my car before I went to the Kooks true duals. Mounted the rocker switch right next to the ashtray. Not that it matters. Car makes serious power. I would lean more towards putting a wheel and tire on the back that you can ramp more boost in earlier than adding power that you can't use till later. Same situation I am in with my Neon. Can only ramp the power up till 80-90mph.
I had cutouts on the car when it was supercharged, and I kept breaking the steel plates, and I am running a LOT more pressure now. They get expensive at $50 a plate and I was just tired of dealing with it. The car makes exceptional power with the exhaust on. The few times I want to put it on kill mode it's really not hard to drop the exhaust. It all was custom made to come off easily.

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
That's definitely an lt1 steering shaft, don't know if you are screwing with me. The ls1 shaft is 90 degrees off hooking up to the rack and there are a few ways to remedy this. My rag joint had play and the ls1 tightened it up nicely.
I've changed so much in the car you might be right. I had an LS1 steering shaft in it at one point and know I had to do the aftermarket rag joint to clear that part of the headers. Perhaps when I did the rag joint I put the LT1 steering shaft back in.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

cool video! be back at the shootout this year?
Old 06-28-2016, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
cool video! be back at the shootout this year?
Thanks! Likely not on the shootout.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:24 PM
10 Second Club

damn would have been nice to see this car run again with the new set up
Old 06-28-2016, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
I had cutouts on the car when it was supercharged, and I kept breaking the steel plates, and I am running a LOT more pressure now. They get expensive at $50 a plate and I was just tired of dealing
You were breaking the plates with electric cutouts? Yea that would get annoying.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

You were breaking the plates with electric cutouts? Yea that would get annoying.
Yeah. I went through 3 sets of them. They just kept bending. It was enough for me not to try them again.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Badass build and impressive numbers for sure.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Two words = bad ***. Props to you for sticking with the LT1 and building a monster. I own both LS and LT vehicles but I'm an LT1 diehard at heart so I sincerely hope you kick the living $hit out of many worked LSx cars
Old 06-29-2016, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Two words = bad ***. Props to you for sticking with the LT1 and building a monster. I own both LS and LT vehicles but I'm an LT1 diehard at heart so I sincerely hope you kick the living $hit out of many worked LSx cars
Thanks! It's already taken down LSX cars in the past when it was slower. Now it's just a bit more of an embarrassment as I put large lengths on them
Old 06-29-2016, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Here's my exhaust between the downpipe and the muffler. My friend (digitalsolo) did a fantastic job on it. It's one piece, has excellent ground clearance, and doesn't reduce to 3" until just before the muffler.

The cutout I made to direct exhaust from the downpipe out when I drop the exhaust to put it on kill mode.

If the pictures are upside down, or sideways, I apologize. For some reason when I take the pictures with my phone this happens, but you should get the idea.

Quick Reply: CALL911 new build. Kinda made a lot of power...