LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LPP out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default LPP out of business?

Got my per diem and overtime checks and was gonna pick up some LPP long tubes for my 96TA. But their website is down like they didn't pay the domain bill or whatever.

or are they closing up shop?

i wanted some stainless long tubes and didn't want to get the Chinese ebay crap.

what's the best header for 500$?

best being fitment and quality mfg.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

http://xs-power.com/chevrolet-headers-11.htm
Same headers, i ordered my headers directly from lpp site back a year n a half and they came with xs power tags on them. Also check out ss autochrome, xs power makes there headers also

Last edited by Dirty_Bird; 12-23-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dirty_Bird
http://xs-power.com/chevrolet-headers-11.htm
Same headers, i ordered my headers directly from lpp sute back a year n 1.5 and they came with xs power tags on them. Also check out ss autochrome, xs power makes there headers also
They are not exactly the same but they are close. The XS power headers have a big dent one of the primaries for clearance...however XS power was the one who was most recently making the LPP headers. They were slightly different and the Y pipes were not designed the same. Carl actually sent me the XS power headers and then finally sent the right ones. His operation seemed to become a debacle towards the end and I'm not really surprised if he's out of business. My last order still was never made right. I never got the right Y pipe and he randomly sent me 2 LS1 y pipes neither of which would fit.

SS autochrome used to make his headers as well.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

They are expensive, but I can't say enough good about Kooks Headers. Last set of headers you will ever need.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/exha...0/#post6905815

Hearing from others, if you call up Maryland Speed, to order them, they will discount them a little bit from the website price. I ordered mine from the website and did pay full price(didn't know about calling them up).
Old 12-23-2016, 03:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I get also get you a great price on Kooks headers. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-23-2016, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Afaik, they are exactly the same and always have been. They were having issues with getting their own Y pipes a few months back and were drop shipping ebay pacesetter and speed engineering Ys. Carl Lamonte at LPP and Fatimah Abdul Whatshisface at XS Power sell the same crap. SSautochrome is just a branch of XS.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

My LPP headers say XSPower on them.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Ace I read your review thread, I ran over a dead deer the same way with my car, on 287 in Jersey, the next 2 hours of my ride all I smelled was burning venison. Got home and pulled a chunk of fleshy hair off my pacesetter collectors and there's still a flesh burn stain on them 8 years later.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Hehe, yeah that stuff was a mess. There are just a few small dots left on them now from it, but I could not believe how that stuff had cooked onto the headers. Like chiseling rock.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ACE1252
They are expensive, but I can't say enough good about Kooks Headers.
Same here, I've had mine for nearly 10 years.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Catmaigne
Afaik, they are exactly the same and always have been. They were having issues with getting their own Y pipes a few months back and were drop shipping ebay pacesetter and speed engineering Ys. Carl Lamonte at LPP and Fatimah Abdul Whatshisface at XS Power sell the same crap. SSautochrome is just a branch of XS.
They are not the same but like I said they are very close. I have held both in my hands amd can tell you they are not the same. Carl admitted that to me as well.

I have Kooks on my Firehawk but I have my Lpp's still in the box...they are really nice headers I think Carl got overwhelmed with other stuff and could not keep up. From what I remember this was a side deal for him and not his main source of income.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

I think I'll just go with some Hookers. those are still made in America, right?

i can't justify spending 1200$ on exhaust right now. the car cost 2500$ 😂

they're nice for sure, but you don't see them much in the engine bay, and don't really offer that much performance over hooker or Hedman, from what I've read. i don't know, that's a big bullet to bite.

if i was going to go all out, it would be with an LSx setup, then i could imagine splurging on exhaust. but maybe not even then. i don't care for show. it's function over form for me.

so, i think for around 500$,the hooker super comps are hard to beat. unless y'all have some better suggestions. 600$ is max i want to spend on headers. no cats, and i want a quiet Muffler.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

It is a really big number for sure....can't argue with that as it was painful on my wallet. However, since I plan on owning this thing till I drop over, the investment made sense...that and having no exhaust to put on the car after one critical mod that had to get done(oil control issues).

What forced me to make the purchase was a change to a kickout oil pan. Stock exhaust would not work. I've read of stories about grinding K members and other fitment issues with many long tube brands over they years, but Kooks reviews always came back glowing. Sure enough, they lived up to the reputation.

Merry Christmas one and all.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

So i ended snagging some Dougs long tubes with the black hi temp coating. We're 40$ cheaper than the uncoated version, so i went for it. Just order today, so will post back when i get them.

they're made in Mexico, just like hookers apparently, but that's better than China. Was gonna try the Hedman because they're still usa made, but about 120$ or so moreand 1-5/8" instead of 1-3/4". The dougs should suffice for now.

when i get ready to drop some real money, will probably get a BBC or LSx. But that bridge is a long ways away.

what about a Muffler? I was planning on using a standard walker quiet flow or whatever is called. I don't want it loud, this will be a daily driver, and loud exhaust gets annoying in traffic.

any suggestions better than walker?
Old 12-28-2016, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Don't go with a walker muffler unless you want to lose HP. Magnaflow is a good muffler for a daily driver. Only time it will be loud is WOT.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

they were good quality not perfect. i had the gen1 lpps with my 355 lt1. with 3" cats and borla adjustable exhaust it sounded awesome. You know it sounds good when some guys on harley's at a light tells you 'man that sounds good'

sadly the ls1 sounds like an outboard...
Old 01-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnaflow has some of the best sounding exhausts out there!
Old 01-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the ones Huron speed sells for the LT1.

Quick Reply: LPP out of business?