LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Opti trouble... Gonna fix it once and for all

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opti trouble... Gonna fix it once and for all

Well, second time my opti went out on the car and it was at a stoplight in traffic. I don't want that to happen ever again and am willing to modify to gaurantee this.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

MSD, ACCEL, Delteq, and there was another type, and GM replacement. Anyone have a rough figure on prices..

Was also thinking about going with a traditional distributor setup as my friend did it as well.

Let me know on any feedback or suggestions as they're needed and appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.lt1intake.com/services.htm

Maybe you could just have your intake drilled for the a distributor like this guy does. But without all the modifications to fit to a gen 1 block. But if you do that you will have to drop your motor, change your cam, cut your cowl, etc. It probably wouldnt be worth it.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard very good things about all the systems above, if it were Me... I would go with MSD's new system, or the Deltag... both seem to do a very good job.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Strokinit383
http://www.lt1intake.com/services.htm

Maybe you could just have your intake drilled for the a distributor like this guy does. But without all the modifications to fit to a gen 1 block. But if you do that you will have to drop your motor, change your cam, cut your cowl, etc. It probably wouldnt be worth it.

BTW you STILL have to run and Opti with that setup

I would go MSD at this point. Problem is they do not start making them until next week or longer.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did a cap and rotor kit on my car, I bought it from summit and it was made by MSD.... it sure was worth the money, it brings an updated vented design for us 93-94 owners. From my experience, I can say that it has worked well, if you don't have problems with your optical sensor, go with a cap and rotor, and if you have the non-vented design, it will be a big improvement.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

I have to ask, if you ran a normal HEI with a stock intake that was bored/drilled for it, why would you need to run the Opti? It would still be on there, just not doing anything.

Quick Reply: Opti trouble... Gonna fix it once and for all