LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

no spark after header install

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no spark after header install

I have been installing my long tube headers and i have it almost done (no Y pipe yet and i went to start it and it cranks but dosnt fire. I pulled a wire off and connected it to a spair plug to cheak for spark and i am not getting any. As of right now My air system is partialy removed as the valves stripped my bungs out on my headers. So thier is just a whole in my headers for now untill my dad wealds them shut. Would the air system have anything to do with it? I made sure it the opti spark was pluged in at the harness on the manifold, the coil wire were was pluged in, and the icm was plugged in. Any idea of were to got now? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Another thing is I have no power comming out of my coil to the opti so the opti should be fine. Is their any little connectors i am forgetting about that i didnt hook up causeing no power to my coil? All my fuses are good, Pcm Works fine.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Banned

well, I am puzzled.... you have the coil plugged in, and the wires are connected to it? double check all your connections and make sure they are all set... because your problem is really odd..
Old 04-16-2006, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

I got it figured out, It turned out to be the oxygen sensors. I have no clue why they would stop it form getting spark, but when I extended them i used the crappy crimps that came with it and I must have caused a short. I unpluged them from the harness and it started right up. After workI took them and soldered all the wires re-did the tapping and now it runs great, Sounds even better, took all the rasp out of my flow master muffler. I got home from work attached the Y-pipe and went cruising, I love these headers I just got to get a tune now. Thanks for trying to help had me stumped for a while. All in all i have about 26 houres into them ,includes taking off the headers after install to get the air valves on and then relizing i couldnt get them on, then later finding a way to attach the air valves, pluse figuring out why it wouldn't start that alone took me 5 hours.

Quick Reply: no spark after header install