LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Headlight making noise? Bad noise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight making noise? Bad noise!!!

I was curious if anyone knows what this could be... my 94 formula's headlights work... they pop up... however... they also pop up when all i want is the parking lights on, they pop up, but only turn on the parking lights... is that right? I thought I was supposed to be able to turn on the parking lights w/out the headlights popping up? Also when I close them, the right one makes a horrific clicking/grinding/awful noise for like 10 seconds... I know I know weird ish.... but if anyone...anywhere... knows its u guys here on this page... prove me right! Someone tell me what's up!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Happened to me last summer. The one making the noise is the plastic gear in the headlight motor, its probably missing some teeth. There is a replacement gear that i purchased that is a machined metal, or you could be cheap and just rotate the gear a little bit so it only uses the good teeth. It stopped the noise and has been working great ever since. Fixing that problem also fixed my headlights coming up when the parking light is on. Also maybe a week later I had to replace my headlight module, one of the headlights was stuck up and wouldn't go back down. No problems since, hope this helped you. Oh there are a ton of those brass gears on ebay.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

yea i did the brass gear replacement and everything works great. although i do have a problem from time to time, the headlight wont come up all the way, it stops like halfway then i just turn them off and on again and it is fine. other than that perfect
Old 04-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks!

I appreciate it. I will check it out. SOunds like an easy fix. Preciate it!

Quick Reply: Headlight making noise? Bad noise!!!