LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tranny problems

My 95 z is haveing some crazy issues with the tranny, Car has hotcam, and many other mods, was tuned by brian at PCMforless, tranny was rebuikt first time and has a TCI 2500 stall, went to go drive the car and when i tried to manually shift the car at low rpms it does fine, but at high rpms it changes from 1st to 2nd while the shifter is in 1st. Also tranny shifted crazy hard, line pressure at idle in gear was ove 70%. Well after about 3 weeks tranny failed due to a broken snap ring, Had it rebuilt again and found out that it had a shift kit in it, took the shift kit out and rebuilt tranny again, used a new valve body and tranny seemed to shift out fine around town, as soon as i get on to the interstate and try to run higher speeds the tranny goes from 3rd to 4th and falls out of 4th, it feels like a control problem becouse as soon as i just barely touch the gas it will go back to 4th. don't know but getting really frustrated with this thing and I need help.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, I had my tranny rebuilt about a month ago and I honestly believe it was because I was manually shifting it a good bit. I had no problems until I started doing that. There are many techs on here that say the 4L60e was not meant to manually shift, and although there is much debate, from personal experience, i fully agree. Also, the shift kit will not mess the transmission up, it actually helps the transmission (quicker shift=less slip), so I'm not sure why you took that out and that it will help anything by taking it out, but to each his own i guess...Have you had the computer scanned at all? It almost seems to me that it could possibly be something electrical/computerized telling the tranny to do/not do things it should/shouldn't. I'm not expert but thats my two cents i guess.

Quick Reply: tranny problems