LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anybody in central Wisconsin running Tunercat Software

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in central Wisconsin running Tunercat Software

Was wondering if there is anybody in central Wisconsin area running TunerCat Software. I am in the Fox Valley looking for somebody local that may have some experience in a Tune for a new 383.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the software but feel uncomfortable doing actual tuning for others. If you would get a proffessional mailorder tune from Madz28.com or pcmforless.com we could work something out where I load it and can helpw ith some datalogging that could be sent back to the tuner to help him fine tune from there. I am in New London and work in Little Chute, so I am nearby.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Do you have the cables to connect it I am guessing that you do. Untimately I looking for somebody with some experience and the cables. I want to have the car on the road for the Drop Fest Car Show and will have my hands full trying get the motor assembled and in. Do not think I would have the time to dedicate and take the chance on sending it out for a tune. My luck just getting the parts here for the assembly has been a nightmare. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What I am recommending is you contact one of the big guys and they can email you the tune and I would load it, this way you get proffessional tuning with no downtime and get a good but maybe not perfect tune in the car immediately rather than dinking around with it for a few weeks to get it good.

Other thing we could do would be meet at Extreme one day and datalog while on the dyno with wideband and send that off to the tuner it would allow them to get it pretty near perfect quickly.
Just to be clear I have OBD1 stuff but have the cables to load into an OBD1 or OBD2 port I know some 95 f-bodies had an OBD2 port but OBD1 pcm and an OBD1 swap is popular on the 96-7 stuff. I have the OBD1 swap in my Caprice and the wagon is OBD1 to begin with.

I would be interested in more details of your build if you are in the sharing mood. I should be at the strip again friday if you were going to go. I have the ugly mostly red Caprice that goes faster than anything this size has the right too.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Launching!

When you mention "One of the big guys" would this be someone on these forms or are you talking about a company.
I beleive the vehicle is OBD1 so I think you would have the correct stuff.
As far as the details:
I am currently getting ready to assemble a 383 that will consist of:
3.750 Forged Crank
6.0" H beam Rods
Wiesco Forged Heavy Duty Pistons
Lingenfelter Mechanical Roller Camshaft Specs
CS2802_2884R12 LPE Mechanical Roller Camshafts SBC 383-420 236/244 .590/.590 w 1.6 rocker 112 CL
Crane Roller Lifters that use the original Dog Bones
Crane Gold Race Extruded Roller Rockers 1.6
Cloyes True Roller Timing Set
The LT1 Aluminum Heads Ported and Polished with 2.02 1.58 Manley Stainless Valves
The Factory Manifold Port matched.
MSD 6AL
MSD 3 Stage Timing Retard for the Nitrous
MSD Coil
NOS Sportsman Fogger System
Waiting for the heads to come back this week, and an undrive pulley for the balancer which should have been here 10 days ago.