LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!

ok i have a 95 Z28 automatic with a K&N FIPK and a flowmaster catback(i don't know if that matters) but the car will start up fine when its cold ... and it will run perfect....but if i shut it off when it is warm it will not re-start..... it will just crank over.... it has fuel(i know because thats all you smell). but i'm thinking it might be either the ignition module or the coil but i have no idea..... i am running the OE coil and ignition module from 95 and they have 120,000 miles on them.... any advice would help out tremendusly(sp?)..........

thanks guys
nick
Old 05-17-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ignition coil sounds about right, overheating and shutting off.

it could also be a loose timing chain.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blacked_out_z
ok i have a 95 Z28 automatic with a K&N FIPK and a flowmaster catback(i don't know if that matters) but the car will start up fine when its cold ... and it will run perfect....but if i shut it off when it is warm it will not re-start..... it will just crank over.... it has fuel(i know because thats all you smell). but i'm thinking it might be either the ignition module or the coil but i have no idea..... i am running the OE coil and ignition module from 95 and they have 120,000 miles on them.... any advice would help out tremendusly(sp?)..........

thanks guys
nick
Sounds like... you should not even try to start this car up untill you have it fixed what ever it is
Old 05-18-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think your on the right path with the coil or ignition module

Quick Reply: Help!!!!!!