LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Changing Headlights 94 Bird..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changing Headlights 94 Bird..

Well my stock bulbs/housing is ugly and sucks at lighting (doh)! the stock headlight bulb we have is a H4 correct?? if I got a kit like this http://store.racinglab.com/redicutsebeh.html It would bolt up no problems?
Old 07-16-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tttt
Old 07-16-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those would bolt up no problem but the only issues I see with these lights are that you need to also purchase the wire harness adapter. This adapter looks too short as well and will need to be extended for our pop-up lamps. Our housings are sealed beams and when they burn out we replace the entire housing with the lamp inside. This kit will convert the headlights to H4 lamps (meaning when the lamp burns out, you can replace just the lamp).

The lamps chosen in that kit are not gonna put out all that much light as it is. They are coated blue to give the HID look, but crappy light output.

I went with these headlights and have been very happy with the results. They are a bit more pricey but you get what you pay for. FYI, the adapter they supply needs to also be extended but its still easy to do if you have some extra wire and the right tools. I suggest the free form housings with hella premium lamps. I have pics if you wish to see. Good luck. If you have any questions let me know.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/165mm_lo.asp

I got these: HL21100N Two 165mm Free Form Lamps with Hella Premium 100/80w Xenon +100% H4 Bulbs