LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No Power to car.. Need help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power to car.. Need help ASAP!

Well I need my car for school monday so all help would be wonderful!

Problem:
Alright well the cars been doing this for awhile it has a start problem where you turn the key and it just clicks and will do it several times then it will finally turn over and I would say its been doing it more and more. Then about a month ago it will do the same thing and then all the power will just die. NO power what so ever.

What normally fixs it:
I'll take the postive and Neg. off and giggle them and reconnect them a few times & mess around with the wire that comes from the Positive side and goes into that red box and power will kick back into the car(inside car lights come on ect)

The last time if that postive wire that runs to the red box was close to the neg it would cut the power off and when i pulled farther away the power would come back on to the car*very weird*

I Don't know if this helps but at one point i did touch the wrench while undoing the Neg side to that wire that runs to the red box from the positive side and it burnt some of the wires. Now i took the connecter off that went around the bolt and cut the wire and put a copper connecter back on there and bolted it back down. It was a crappy one and the one i took off was bronze i think and looked much better.

So what gives can anyone tell me how to find out what the problem is or had the same happen to them?

The Red Box i am refering to is this The 1st Far right wire in the left half of the picture
Old 08-26-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

get a test light and check the ignition fuse just to see if your getting power there. With the test light stick the needle in all those wires that you took pics of (make sure you have the key on the on position when you do). The light should light up on all of them
When you turn the key do all your lights on the cluster turn on?

another thing is your car stick or auto? IF it is stick check your clutch safety switch
Old 09-03-2006, 05:48 AM
Staging Lane

sounds like you have a bad wire-either positive or negative, worked on a saturn that did the same thing

Quick Reply: No Power to car.. Need help ASAP!