LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Radiator Rollercoaster

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radiator Rollercoaster

so i slapped on this big *** aluminum hi flo radiator deal last night, "direct fit" wasn't so direct. fan shroud had to be trimmed here and there, blah blah blah. but we give the bastard in there and hosed up and i go to put my intake back on (k&n fipk) and it wont fit back down in the already tight spot, and the hood wont shut with it in the way it was

so, luckily, to get me back on the road for the time being, i had all my stock parts in the next building where i was at and i ran over and got my stock air intake tube, you know the flat top plastic piece that goes from the MAF sensor to the airbox, and i used the rubber downsizer from the k&n to retrofit the k&n filter on the end of the stock intake tube. i was PISSED to say the least, not happy at all that i couldn't use my brand new $150 cai.

well we get her all buttoned up and flush the system and then i go to drive it and i step on the gas and DAAAAAAAAAYYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMM, this is the fastest my car has ever been!!!! i swear my car loves this little nub intake its the best one i have ever had!!!

not to mention my car runs abour 40 degrees cooler even in rush hour traffic, drove around last night and this morning and never got over about 165 degrees.

any1 want to buy a 2 week old k&n fipk with all hardware and filter?
pm me
aaron
Old 09-26-2006, 08:17 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What kinda rad did you get and where from?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Entropy Corp, off ebay