LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help!!! Problem Starting car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Problem Starting car!!!

hey thanks to anyone that can help but i have a problem with my 1994 trans am and its that she will not start. Its a 1994 pontiac trans am with all the regular bolt ons..... long tubes, exhaust , intake, knock sensor, all air and egr deleted. The opti went out a year ago and i bought a non vented being its a 94. when i got the old one off i found that the one that was on the car was vented. So i still installed the non vented anyway and the car started fine. Its only gotten 50 miles since that opti because she sits in storage all the time. I checked the plugs and wires and their fine and the fuel pump is fine. whenever i can get the car to start it runs real rough till it gets warmed up and then its fine but recently i just cant get it to start. IM guessing maybe the coil but im unsure. Please help. Thanks Dave
Old 12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's hard to tell right of the bat. So it cranks good, spins the belts fast? I would check for vacuum leaks. Like unplugged holes from the !EGR and !AIR.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Im having same old **** problem that i have thought i fixed about 25 times. And then it craps out and starts doing the same thing again. I have fixed everything under the sun. Same situation with the opti to. Im just going to try to get another one since its warantyed and put a new opti on and hope that fixes it.

Quick Reply: Help!!! Problem Starting car!!!