LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

driving me insane... any more suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driving me insane... any more suggestions?

ok so i have been fighting my 94 z28's missing problem for the past few months, and trying not to spend too much, which i have already done, the gm dealership tells me my opti works just fine, plugs are new ,o2 sensors new, fuel filter new, checked fuel pressure its fine, coil pack and wire are new, that fixed the problem and my car ran great for 3 days, then suddenly went back to running like ****, so the next thing to do was replace the ICM...
Old 12-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

replaced the icm, now it just idles from 700 to 1300 constantly, doesnt take out well at all, lost almost all power and barely drives
Old 12-23-2006, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zstangboi
replaced the icm, now it just idles from 700 to 1300 constantly, doesnt take out well at all, lost almost all power and barely drives
Check the connector from the wiring harness to the opti. It goes along the passenger side of the intake manifold and goes down into the opti. A lot of the time the connections will be corroded or non-existant on the connector.

Double check your plug wires that none of them are burnt or even touching the exhaust manifolds. When I had a miss for a while I was positive it was the opti, when I took the heat shields off of my plug wires a couple of them were burnt just enough to give me a mid-range stumble.