LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Has anybody built their LT1 using a 2-piece rear main seal adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anybody built their LT1 using a 2-piece rear main seal adapter?

Just curious how many miles your buildup has on it and if it's holding up okay? You don't hear too much about people using these so info about them is scarce. I've already got a 2-piece rear seal 3.75" crank but if using the rear seal adapter means I can count on rebuilding the motor again in a year I'll just spring for a 1-piece crank.

Are these adapters reliable, and if so, can anyone recommend a good brand to use?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personal Experience

I bought the $90 dollar GM,very nice billet piece,but I never could get the rear main the stop leaking,I did have an Eagle crank and everyone said it needed a Nurle and would stop leaking,but I just converted back to 1 piece,much easier.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stupid Boost
everyone said it needed a Nurle and would stop leaking
Is Nurle a brand name of a rear seal adapter?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

At one point one of the prominent b-body racers used an old 400 crank turned down and a 2-piece to one piece adapter and said he would never do it again, motor held up fine but like was already said, it leaked.
More recently this same guy turned engine builder and has 2 10 second b-bodies so his word carries a lot of weight to me anyway.
How wild are you looking to go, I know the selection of 1-piece main cranks is smaller but we still have a fair number at various price ranges to choose from.

Quick Reply: Has anybody built their LT1 using a 2-piece rear main seal adapter?