LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Forged or Bare LT1 block

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Forged or Bare LT1 block

Ok guys, i was wondering where i might be able to buy a forged or bare LT1 block. I am going to Ranken Tech so i talked to my teacher and he said he would help me build a block. I would like it to be forged but a bare one is fine. Thanks for the help and how much do they normally run in price.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Well there is no such thing as a forged LT1 Block, but there is forged internals. You can pick up a block bore it .30 over line hone it and get a forged rotating assembly. I just picked one up for $100 bucks full of stock internals
Old 01-11-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1Bait
Well there is no such thing as a forged LT1 Block, but there is forged internals. You can pick up a block bore it .30 over line hone it and get a forged rotating assembly.....
Yeah, I know this is being a little sarcastic, but you think the "teacher" couldn't have told him that much...some school!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When your teacher said "a forged block", he was probably just saying a forged rotating assembly (a.k.a. bottom-end, internals... crank and rods). In case you're new to the more techical side of the car scene, we're really bad with the slang terms... don't hesitate to inquire. Where in St. Peters are you?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

I knew what i was talking about and if you dont think Ranken tech is a good school then something is wrong with you guys. And i said i would like it to be forged meaning a block with forged interals already in it. God this site sucks no one wants to help anyone.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:07 AM
On The Tree

Bare block= $100-150

Forged short block can be found with a hand full of sponcers-------->
$3000+
Old 01-13-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1mean96ss
I knew what i was talking about and if you dont think Ranken tech is a good school then something is wrong with you guys. And i said i would like it to be forged meaning a block with forged interals already in it. God this site sucks no one wants to help anyone.
My bad, your wording just threw me off... perhaps the term "shortblock" would've been more appropriate Yes, you can get some pre-assembled forged shortblock "kits" but I have heard that for a bit more $$ it's worth it to just piece together your own and know that it's gonna hold... plus there's that sense of satisfaction. And didn't you say your prof was gonna help you "build a block"? there's not a whole lot of "block assembling" going on when you buy a pre-assembled Good luck and welcome to LS1tech! Btw, my cousin went to Ranken, good school.