LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cam=bad things

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cam=bad things

Just kidding but I figured the title would generate some attention for my problem. Anyway I just did a cam swap at the beginning of December in my car and had it tuned by madz28. So it been running great till today. Today I was going to work and my car started acting stupid. Everytime that I would start to slow down for a stop sign or light the car would die slowly. No jerky movements or anything. And when I'd try to start it again it would just crank until I gave it some gas. Even then I'd have to keep the gas pedal down to keep the car on because when I'd let go of the gas it would die again. I ended up taking my car to my mechanic because he was closer than driving all the way to my own house. So anyway after I tell him whats up and I call for another ride to work I go to my car again just to see if it would start and what do you know...if fires right up without me holding the gas or anything! It idled perfect and everything!

I ended up just leaving the car with him so he can look it over and see what caused the problem in the first place. I just changed the fuel filter in the middle of December so it can't be that. Also its been freezing here the last few days, could there have possibly been moisture in my gas or something? Maybe frozen lines? Something simple that I overlooked? I just want to have an idea before tomorrow when he is supposed to find something out.