LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 should be gone before to long

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 should be gone before to long

well i am going to be upgrading to a LS1 before to long, i hate to have to let my LT1 go but its the only i can do it. I need a newer more reliable car but i want to keep going with the f-body so its gonna be a ls1 car. Im gonna miss my LT1 a lot cause i put a lot of effort and work into it, now i have to take it back to stock to sell it. Im gonna miss my LT1 a lot but who knows maybe later on when i can afford it ill buy another LT1 so i can have a LS1 and a LT1

heres my thread in the F.S. section
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...28#post6281928

(if its not acceptable for the link can you just take the link out mods, i didnt see any rule against links just against F.S. threads in the LT1 section)
Old 01-20-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn dude, and you just got that hatch. Did you even get to put it on?
So you going to sell the car completely, you should put an ls1 motor in the body. That would be sick.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

nope i went to a few shops for estimates and i couldnt find a shop around here to do it for less than 550$, i would really like to keep it but with as much driving as i do everyday now i need something a little newer and more reliable

i would really like to do a LS1 swap into my car but i think right now i want to get something that will look better also, ill need a full paintjob to get mine looking the way i want it to agian, and i think i would be better off selling mine to get a newer better condition car than to spend the money on the paint job
Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeh that's a little high priced on the paint quote. I was quoted $300. Unfortunately, the guy's paint booth needed some kind of maintenance and it wasn't worth it to have it fixed just to do a $300 job (He mostly does car detailing). So I still haven't got mine on yet.

If you decide to go with a ls1 Firebird and it doesn't have a highrise hatch, atleast you'll have one.

And if you need any stock parts, I still have my stock airbox and suspension parts. I think I have my exhaust too. You can have them for free if you need em.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

awesome man i think ill take you up on the exhuast parts, if you want to get me some shipping qoutes id be more than willing to pay to have the stock exhuast shipped

sending you a pm also
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

After my '96 was totaled out I wanted to get a LS1 with a 6-speed and t-tops. But reality set in and the money from the 96 paid off a few of my bills. A few months prior to this my friend bought an '02 z28 and he knew he wasnt going to have any money to do anything with his '94. So when I started looking for another camaro he made me an offer I just couldn't turn down. Too bad it is an A4 no T's but it was identicall to my '96 and I have it's entire drive train for spare parts. So in the end I made out and he made out. He gets to drive his old car anytime he wants and I get to drive his 02 anytime I want. And after installing a 295/603 lift cam in the 02, I think I will be driving his car a lot more!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

lol thats one reason another reason im wanting to get a newer car everyone i hang out with drives ls1's and know them inside and out if i ever wanted to do anything call them up and get to work

Quick Reply: LT1 should be gone before to long