LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need help car wont idle setting off codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help car wont idle setting off codes

just got done installing a head and cam package had the computer redone and put in a double roller with elec water p , with a bigger tb also injectors. in my 97 to start the car you have to push the gas pedel to the floor to start it then when it starts it wont idle it dies, you have to play with the gas to get it to run.
this is what the codes are p335 cranshaft sensor check range perf
p336 crankshaft malfunction
102 maf or vaf circuit low input

i'm going to replace the cranshaft sensor tommorrow

but i tried 2 maf sensors and it still throwing the codes what to do?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

bought a new crankshaft pos sensor and it is still throwing a code need help please!
Old 09-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Default Having this same issue

My car just started this the other day. 335 and 336 are irrelevant (have those too one is opti resolution and other is Ckps [aftermarket opti]) the 102 is on when it dies. I checked both power leads to the MAF and both had continuity. Checked fuse under dash for engine sensor. Although I recently changed out my fuel pump... Seems like at startup it was higher than previously put at (I have a fully adjustable fuel pressure regulator) that maybe the issue.

All my plug wires are fine... No misfires... So I'm thinking maybe fuel related or TPS out of whack. Won't know till I do more digging. But my car exactly acts like yours. Have to give it some pedal to start. Won't idle by itself. Little smokey. So I will keep you informed if u haven't found the issue yet. Here's my number... Keep in touch... 316_559_6467

Quick Reply: need help car wont idle setting off codes