LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP!!....with an LT1 motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!....with an LT1 motor

I have a customer I subbed out an LT1 for. I did the heads but had a shop do the long block after I finished the heads. The motor was finished and delivered over the weekend but the problem is: Customer calls and tells me that the shop did not use an LT1 block, just a late model one piece block. My question is....What do I do from here? Do I necessarily have to have the LT-1 block or can there be a change in water pump and ignition to fix this dilema or is there more to it? Sorry for my ignorance to the LT-1/4 deal, but need some advice, kinda caught in the middle here. Need some answers fast, I am sure the customer is quite unhappy at this point.

Rich Maitre
RAM Racing Heads
www.ramracing.us
Old 03-05-2007, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need the LT1 block so, you can fit the Water pump (drivin off upper timing gear with another pulley internally). And the opti spark is drivin off CAM PIN or Coupler depending on year....Also I believe OBDII 1996-1997 year have a different Dampner pulley (I could be wrong on this one), to due with crank trigger emissions crap.........Some one will chime in that have that year.... Basically the other shop really screwed up....the only way to fix would be start over with the guys original block...(to guarantee everything is there). Hell, even our oil pump drive is different + reverse cooling.....