LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

CAI install questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI install questions...

hey guys, i was installing my moroso CAI yesterday and ran into a few problems:

what is the best way to get that plate down in there w/o tearing stuff up?
right now i just have the filter there because i just wanted to get the car running so i could test drive it.

what could be the reason my headlights will not flip up now? the lights come on, but the motors aren't trying to turn. did i forget to plug something back in or pinch a wire or something?

thanks for the help.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Teching In

Can't really help with the plate issue as mine went right in without any hassle, I had a friend underneath the car helping me guide everything into place, but as far as the headlights, may wanna check the control module as its right around where you're bumping around with the Cai mounted on the driver side strut tower, may have knocked the harness loose. Thats what tells the motors to spin and raise/close the headlight assemblies.

EDIT: actually after looking at mine I forgot that I put mine under the the fuse box after installing the CAI (did that 3 years ago so memory was short), because it was in the way of the cai install lol, so yeah, im almost certain thats whats wrong, you probably yanked it around to move it out of the way and now your head lights aren't working. I bolted mine to the inner fender to get it out of the way. Its a little black box with 2 harnesses loaded with wires plugged into it. You'll know it when you see it.

Last edited by Feenix; 03-15-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Launching!

thanks... and ^^^^^^ my bad. i don't have camera right now. but i'll remember that for the future.