LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Urethan Motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urethan Motor mounts

Finally got my motor and trans back in the car last night. I was just wondering if anyone has run into a fitment issue when using Urethane motor mounts. I replaced mine thinking it was a good idea, and it turned out to be a major pain in the ***. I finally got them in, had to loosen the bolts on the K member, but just want to see if this has happened to anyone else or if I may develop another issue. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

I just did mine while swapping the K-Member. I can see how it'd be a pain in the *** with the K-Member in place. The stock K-Member is so much more bulky and restrictive. With a tubular frame, there's a lot more space to work around everything.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just built a new motor and installed poly mounts while the K-member was out of the car. Even though I used an engine crane and had easy access to everything these mounts were still a bitch to get installed. I had to clearance some of the poly material around the two outside bolts on the passenger side cause it was impossible to get the socket on, plus the alignment for the two big bolts was off a good 1/4" or so.

I had to loosen all the bolts in order to fit the mounts together but after a little prying and tugging everything fit together.

I would really hated to install these while the engine was in the car. Severe PITA.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

It was a severe PITA. Unfortunately, I had to put it in from the top, which is also a lot of fun. I finally got everything lined up at about 3 am. But now I am on my way and hopefully back on the road soon.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was a PITA as well, I loosened the Kmember and motor side bolts
Old 03-15-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

when I did the motor swap, I did alot of other things including new K-member and poly mounts.... I put the mounts all together on the engine stand and the K-member gave me no problems when I was dropping it in, (like a glove).
Old 03-15-2007, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

did mine on a lift from below. the drivers side was gravy. the pass side was a pita!! had to have both mount and bracket bolts loose to get through bolt in. worth the mess in the end though. no more pacesetter ypipe banging on the floor!