LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PLEASE HELP major breakeage

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP major breakeage

whats up guys first off i would loke to appreciate any and all responses i have a major problem 96 trans am m6 car ran and drove great the last few days i had vibrations letting off the clutch today a baby shift into second and the clutch stuck to the floor when i put it back up i tried to press the clutch again and it locked so i pressed it to the floor finally it presses and releases SUPPPPER light and it wont engage gear when i start the car in neutral i hear this horrid grinding not from the motor but from else where clutch trans i hope to god its not a major fix one buddy told me slave cylinder the other told me my trans is toast i hope its an easy fix thanks in advance bobby
Old 05-12-2007, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that **** was hard to read! I would say it is your slave cylinder. Try bleeding your clutch first.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had kinda the same thing happen. Check your throwout bearing, and see if you split the slave cylinder. I did both, my bearing went and then i tried to force the clutch pedal down, which destroyed the slave cylinder.