LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help On LT1 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Help On LT1 Mods

Hey All,

Can anyone PM me with a quick message explaining some things. 1) What exactly does the Throttle Body Bypass do and why would I want to do it? 2) Any links to directions for the TB bypass and the IAT Relocation mod and IF there are any major gains by doing this. 3) If removing the MAF screen proves any noticible gains. Thanks. (97 Camaro Z w/ SS functional fiberglass hood)

Shaun
Old 05-19-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The coolant runs through the TB in the LT1'S. By disconnecting the two coolant lines from TB and connecting them together you bypass the TB. This will create more HP due to the cooler TB when it is bypassed. It is especially helpful when the car has been running for a while - less heat in the TB - cooler air in the motor - more HP! You wont gain alot from this mod but it is free or close to free. Most people I know post about 2 - 5 HP on the dyno. Dont descreen your MAF. I dont know of any body who has real gains from this but I do know people who have messed things up especially if they try to port their TB.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donkey covered the TB bypass very well. The IAT relocation allows the computer to get a reading that the air coming in is cooler. You relocate the sensor further out in the intake tract, rather than up by the motor where it and the surrounding components are getting heat soak.