LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 Tnt F1

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lt1 Tnt F1

Just wondering if anyone else running the TNT F1 LT1 Kit has the same issues....I have mine installed and nocited the hood was alil harder than norm to shut, well after a lil looking I realized the Fuel and N20 Lines on the Plate are hitting the bottom of the hood.....anyones else's kit do this??? it doesn't seem to be putting alot of stress on the lines for any breakage...
Old 05-25-2007, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Yes, I had the same problem.

You can provide additional room by cutting out the black heat sheilding under hood in the area where the lines rise up. My under hood sheild was already worn so I removed it completely. The lines still touch lightly.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:14 AM
9 Second Club

also be careful when the lines touch cuz on my car it pushed the lines with enough force to actually turn the nozzle about 45 degrees (make sure your nozzles are tight and are still pointed forward in the plate).....

I love TNT stuff believe me but the F1 plate they make needs some fitment work on it... My plate besides the lines touching the hood also had to have the water neck on the water pump ground down a TON to get it to clear.... The throttle body bolts wouldn't go back in cuz the IAC on the bottom was hitting the filler neck.....

They could easily solve the line issue by using small 90 degree fittings on the nozzles instead of having the lines loop around and come from the top they could come from the side...
Old 05-26-2007, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Built LT1
Yes, I had the same problem.

You can provide additional room by cutting out the black heat sheilding under hood in the area where the lines rise up. My under hood sheild was already worn so I removed it completely. The lines still touch lightly.
Yup, did the same thing on mine.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok..Another question....Where and how did you guys mount the microswitch??? I was looking and couldn't really come up with a solution to moutning it properly
Old 06-03-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my lines were hitting as well but I simply solved that with a ziptie for now to bring them down just a touch. Kinda tacky but I'm not one to start cutting my hood just to make it clear a 1/4 inch. I also had to grind the top of my thermostat housing so it would clear. Lastly, I made myself my own little bracket for the microswitch and screwed it down right below the throttle linkage. I'm no longer running the cover for the throttle but I can if I cut the one clip off of it.

-brian
Old 06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt install the plate instead I mounted the nozzles in the elbow.