LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel Pressure Regulator..

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Fuel Pressure Regulator..

ok so my stock fuel pressure regulator took a **** at the track a couple weeks ago.. so i went ahead and baught the Accell adjustable fuel pressure regulator.. I'll be installing it tomorrow and was wondering if any one could help me with what they think my pressure shoud be set at.. all my mods are in my sig.. it can be adjusted from 35-70 psi.. thanks..
Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say start at about 42 or so...... see how the car runs there.... I believe the bone stock setup is like 39 or so..... So with mods give it a bit more fuel... realistically you'll need to get a dyno sheet with wideband to see how much pressure it likes.... but 42-43 will be completely safe...
Old 06-06-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

43 is stock. Depending on your sea level, you'll be better running leaner or richer. TPiS says with a stock tune, you'll want over 53psi. It's too bad you don't know what the stock one was running on the way out. I'd start at 43 and see if that compares to how you used to be driving. Then go a few PSI up, drive it, run a few PSI down, and go from there. I'm still going from my TPI experience, where more PSI actually DID something. People keep saying with the LT1, it doesn't matter. I just have a hard time believing that :\ I was running around 49-52psi on my TPI, which is also a 43PSI setup.