LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

head gaskets, and other question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head gaskets, and other question

what head gaskets does one use for a 383 LT1? I need ones slightly thicker to lower my compression a bit.

also here is my problem. for the past 3 weeks now my car backfores, pops, and dies when I give it more than crusie gas. I try to take off from a light when it is warm and it just flat out dies. sometimes she didnt want to fire for at least 5 min. when ti is cold, it runs like a raped ape, but when she warms up it is a different story. I went to take off from a light yesterday and it sounded like it was running on 2cyl, nothing but black smoke out the back. then she runs normal, then 500ft down the road she does the same thing and dies. I refired her after 5 tries. I decided to head home. I ulled into my neighborhood and she quits again. I tried 10 times to refire her....no go. I smell fuel out the exhaust. I wait and wait and wait. I fire her up and drive her home.

it has got progressively worse over the past few weeks. before it would only pop and crack in first gear, then it became apparent at 6k rpm, now its whenever I hit the gas when it is warm. does anyone have any ideas? bad sensor maybe? I dont know. everything in my ignition system has less than 1200 miles on it from the rebuild last year, I didnt have any problems last year wih it either, it is just started this year hen I pulled it out.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

bump...
Old 06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Post up your head cc volume, piston cc, piston depth, target compression, target quench, etc. That may get you some more hits.