LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Opti Install with pics&video with funny commentary

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Opti Install with pics&video with funny commentary

Here is what you get after 125,000 mi with a non-vented opti thats been flooded over and over:

Here is what the inside looked like:

Here is the some videos. My friend Jeff (hazard2k)working on it:

Here is what we think of this:

Here is the new MSD Pro-Billet Opti:

Looks nice in there... too bad I can't see it anymore!

Next I will show you all the job I did with the headers and exhaust once I get some pictures up....

Special thanks to Jeff (hazard2k) and Matt (BlueB4C) for all their help getting this done!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man. Good choice to. I went with the GM performance (still non-vented) one first, replace that one with in two months same one due to warrenty. About 3 weeks later i got my money back and the MSD went. That was November last year. Still running strong. Pain to install but well worth it.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Launching!

I still loved the way your car sounded before you did the opti.. until you hit the gas
Old 06-19-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by litch2004
Looks good man. Good choice to. I went with the GM performance (still non-vented) one first, replace that one with in two months same one due to warrenty. About 3 weeks later i got my money back and the MSD went. That was November last year. Still running strong. Pain to install but well worth it.
I wasn't going to screw around with optis, that why I went with the $515 dollar MSD. But I would rather install an opti any day over headers! Those were a pain. I have to do the gaskets on them right now... can't get them to seal. I used a copper set, thats a mistake for headers I am finding out.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hazard2k
I still loved the way your car sounded before you did the opti.. until you hit the gas
Well I am really going to try and get the LE2 heads and a cam to go with it next year... so it will sound like that soon enough again! I promiss!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that was when i first got the car and didnt know to much about the opti systems. Jumping into things without researching first. Learned from my f*** ups. Yea i am also about to go through it with the headers, the last own just decided not to put all the bolts in so mine are warped and the car pops bad when i rev it up or when it decelerates.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by litch2004
Well that was when i first got the car and didnt know to much about the opti systems. Jumping into things without researching first. Learned from my f*** ups. Yea i am also about to go through it with the headers, the last own just decided not to put all the bolts in so mine are warped and the car pops bad when i rev it up or when it decelerates.
That sucks dude. I hope it works out for you, what kind of Headers are you going with?

Quick Reply: New Opti Install with pics&video with funny commentary