LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problems...Is it Opti? Injector? Fuel Filter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Problems...Is it Opti? Injector? Fuel Filter?

Hey guys,

I've got a 1994 Trans-am with about 80k on it. Recently I installed headers, ORY, replaced all spark plug wires and plugs with TR55's properly gapped and everything. Everything was great after that.

Recently, (about 6-8k later) I have a miss of some sort. RPM's will dip and the car will shake a little bit when I'm stopped and at idle. It will also feel like a horrible miss at about 30% throttle some times. I'm getting 30 degrees of knock at WOT for some reason. I just replaced the O2 sensors on both sides, checked the plugs and wires again and all the normal stuff. Everything checked out fine. I don't have any codes being thrown either. I bought a brand new gas cap as well just to make sure it wasn't something stupid like that.

I think I've narrowed it down to the fuel filter, an injector or the dreaded opti taking a ****.

What do you guys think? Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hate to say opti, because they get blamed for other problems so much, but the symptons are similar to what mine were, mines all out race and still running an opti till the MSD crab dist gets here along with the supervic, blah blah blah. I replaced the opti with a brand new one two weeks ago and it runs like a champ again, but prior that it started sputtin and puttering all over the place. I can't believe it's not throwing a code, that in itself is unusual.