LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ERRRRR Opti!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ERRRRR Opti!

Well we finally found out what was wrong with my car. My newer opti is no good now because the vent in my hood wasn't screwed down enough and was splashing water where the connectors go. Since one my my connectors wasn't good, the water go in there and fucked up my opit . Well now I am spending $480 on a new MSD opti (getting a deal through my mechanic). Hopefully this one will last longer than 4 months lol. oh well im just happy to be getting my car back soon.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver97TA
Well we finally found out what was wrong with my car. My newer opti is no good now because the vent in my hood wasn't screwed down enough and was splashing water where the connectors go. Since one my my connectors wasn't good, the water go in there and fucked up my opit . Well now I am spending $480 on a new MSD opti (getting a deal through my mechanic). Hopefully this one will last longer than 4 months lol. oh well im just happy to be getting my car back soon.
A deal huh?
Old 06-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97LT1
A deal huh?
Well every place I have looked at had an MSD opti for over $500 so anything under $500 is a deal to me. Give me a link or tell me where I can find it cheaper and I will go ahead and buy it from there. I know I can find different ones for well under $500 but isn't MSD suppose to be the best one?? I have heard of people getting some pretty cheap ones and then it craps out on them after a few months.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Silver97TA
HOW DID YA KNO IT WAS BAD JST ASKN I MITE HAVE SAME PROBLEM
Old 07-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by robby73z28
HOW DID YA KNO IT WAS BAD JST ASKN I MITE HAVE SAME PROBLEM
It has something to do with the modual inside the opti and the tach not working because its not receiving a signal or something like that. So let me ask you, what is your car doing? My would start up fairly hard (would crank over but would take like 10 seconds to actually fire up and my fuel pressure is good) then I noticed that my tach would either work fine, not work at all, or would kind of just float around. So I would go out and start driving and it would sometimes drive great for a while but then after about 30 minutes or less, the car would just start hesitating like theres no tomorrow. If my tach was working, it would then stop working. I just wish GM would have designed the engine bay a little better so that your important electrical parts are pretty safe from ever getting water on them. This kind of makes me wish I had my 91 back lol.