LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stock cat to Magnaflow 94109 sound clip

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock cat to Magnaflow 94109 sound clip

Saturday, I got my stock cat replaced with a Magnaflow 94109 3 inch universal Catalytic converter.

Stock exhaust in the front, Magnaflow 15620 Cat-back that's been on for a few years now from the converter back.

I took a few sound clips and combined them into a single mp3 for easier listening in case anyone out there wants to hear the difference between stock and the Magnaflow cat. This is on my single cat 94 Formula.

They were taken with a cell phone so the quality is a little lacking, and it recorded too quiet, so I did amplify the clip, but I did so evenly through the clip so as to keep all things equal. It's not so much a volume difference you should note anyway, it's a tone difference.

Sections are divided by a beep for claritys sake.
The first section is with the stock cat on, at idle.
The second section is the Magnaflow cat at idle.
Both clips were taken in my driveway, at about rear license plate level, about a foot from the bumper.
The third section is with the stock cat on while sitting in the drivers seat - a 3K rev. It's a quick rev, so I did edit it into the mp3 twice.
The fourth section is the Magnaflow cat while sitting in the drivers seat - a 3K rev. It's a quick rev, edited into the mp3 twice.

It might be important to note that I do have a dynamatted trunk area, so the interior volume is lower than stock.

I just thought others might be interested in hearing the difference.

Download the mp3 here

Quick Reply: Stock cat to Magnaflow 94109 sound clip