LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what's involved in lowering the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's involved in lowering the Z?

I was just wondering. Do I have to get adjustable lcas, panhard bar etc... if I want to lower the car. It's not a racer just something to cruise around in on the weekends, so if the alighing was off a tad until I got the adj lcas etc that wouldn't bother me, **** it's already off because I staggered the wheels lol )17 and 18s. I'm just wondering do I have to purchase the adj or can i run the stock suspension.

Also I don't want to lower it more than a 1.5, I was honestly thinking a 1 inch more so, that's why I was wondering if I could get away with the stock suspension. If not please if someone would take the time to explain what
i would need then. That would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

You will need adj. panhard rod and *maybe LCA reloc. brackets (along with springs/shocks). You do not need adj. LCA's.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Technically you don't NEED anything. If you are going to run really wide tires in the back you should get an adjustable panhard so you can center your axle for clearance, but it's not needed for lowering. Also you should get a shock that can handle the increased spring rates you will be using, like some re-valved Bilsteins from Strano, but once again it's not needed.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cut the springs! jk
Old 07-15-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
Technically you don't NEED anything. If you are going to run really wide tires in the back you should get an adjustable panhard so you can center your axle for clearance, but it's not needed for lowering. Also you should get a shock that can handle the increased spring rates you will be using, like some re-valved Bilsteins from Strano, but once again it's not needed.
I have 295s are those too wide, not like I'm running 315s but I wonder if 295s are pushing it then lol.

I'm not asking if I can be a cheapass lol, I just wonder if I can still cruise around with it lowered but on stock suspension? I plan on doing the suspension eventually but I was wondering if I could get away stock for now, and just get my bilsteins and the springs.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can run stock suspension. The downfall will be lack of traction and uneven tire wear.

Quick Reply: what's involved in lowering the Z?