LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I missing?

here's the list of parts,parts in ( ) i do not have and are questionable not sure what to get so bash me with what i need, if i forgot anything else bash me on that too.

CAI/bbk58/PPheads/PPintake/1.6RR's/HOTCAM/(springs??)/LT'S/ORY/Borlacatback/373's/(stall?)...oh yea get it tuned! also ive got an extra ecm, when i get it tuned think i should get one tuned for street and one for the track or just sell the other?

thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

For valve springs, just get the hotcam springs since that's the cam your getting. Obviously you can go better, but thats the basic. There is a whole kit with everything for the cam you know.
For the stall, all I got to say is stay above a 3,000.

The good thing about fuel injection, is that there is no need for a street tuned and track tuned ecm. The tune is for WOT conditions. So go all out on the tune, and the o2 sensors will make adjustments for good fuel economy during cruising.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Do not use the springs in the GM hot cam kit as bmerc stated above. They are meant for the LT4 valves which are lighter than LT1 springs due to the fact that they are sodium filled. You will have valve float issues if you use them. The kit isnt a bad deal though, good price, just make sure to buy a different set of springs to use.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a full rebuild gasket kit as you will use most of the gaskets. Probably should get a lt4 knock module. Might as well do plugs and wires while she is down. Opti and wp are also smart to do as they are already off and tend to go bad frequently. Whatever you do, do not put yourself on a tight time schedual because somthing WILL go wrong. Also make sure you have extra money for other wear items that might be bad.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Teching In

thanks for the advice the motor is fresh and already has the hot cam installed, just need to get a set of springs as far as the knock module cant i just get that deleted in the tune? any recomendations on the stall brand? TCI maybe? i'm just hoping to put down around 325 at the wheels dont want to shoot to high. she still gonna be a DD
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Teching In

any recomendations on springs and stall?

Quick Reply: What am I missing?