LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another cam Q??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another cam Q??

Im putting a hot cam kit on my 94 Z. I know there is better but im not getting into that......can my car run ok without a tune? i know a good tune will get the most out of the car since i have every bolt-on and free mod imaginable without getting into headwork, but i'm wondering if it's ok to even run the car without the tune?

one other thing, there is a bit of water and coolant when u pull the heads, but when i pulled the passenger side head off i had 2 cylinders full of water! car wasnt running right when i took it apart. head gaskets looked ok but r suspect. any ideas before i put this car back together??
Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car will run fine without tunning.What do the plugs look like?The combustion chambers that had water in them should be diffrent than the rest.Most likley cleaner.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the car ran really rich and filed alot of plugs, but i couldnt say what those 2 looked like in particular. infamous opti **** a few times too.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you are not going to reprogram don't bother modifying the car, it is as simple as that.

Probably get more from a tune on stock cam than you will from a cam on a stock tune.

Quick Reply: Another cam Q??