LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Two wires until Im done. Help quick!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two wires until Im done. Help quick!

So Im two years into getting my POS 94 Z28 back on the road I paid 1100 for, and all I have to do is connect two wires for the air/fuel gauge and water temp gauge. I could down a six pack and read the book for a couple of hours but Ill cheat and ask everyone here to get going.

Can I wire the air/fuel sending wire to only ONE of the O2s, or do I have to bridge to both, and what wire do I have to splice it to. I would like to go as close to the computer since I routed the two wires through the existing hole in the firewall.

And can I splice the sending wire from the temp gauge to the existing temp gauge on the block leaving the stock gauge still hooked up in case it decides to work all of the sudden? I have brand new senders in the block and water pump by the way. The stock gauge must have a bad wire somewhere.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can not wire both o2's together because it will also combine both signals going to the pcm. would not give the pcm a left and right signal and with both of them wired together may send the wrong signal. wire it to one only. search shoebox and you can find out where to get that wire at the pcm.