LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

coolant issues...ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant issues...ideas?

lately everytime i shut my car off i hear coolant gurgaling in the radiator. well the gurgaling got excesive and it ran close to hot on me one time, so heere is what i do know, i replaced the radiator cap and check the line to the resevoir and its not clogged or pinched, i bleed the coolant sytem but everytime i open the bleeder screw to the heater core it has air in it. also the gurgling is coming from the hose going to the back of the heads, when i pinch it the sound stops. what is the proper bleeding proceedure? any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How old is the radiator, if its original, it could have pin hole leaks in it. You could have it cleaned and pressure tested, its about 60$ but your half way there to a brand new one, that was the only thing that saved me from over heating issues.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont those cars have two bleeder screws ?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep 2 bleeders (cover up that opti)
Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

yeah i got to both bleeder srews. good point about the radiator. my car has been in the grass for about two weeks (not usual but im working on a friends car) anyway i took it for a ride and got it hot. i let it idle and there were no leaks, i shut it off and there is a small leak on the radiator. i assume its sucking in air when running. btw this is my second be cool radiator. the first one had the same problem and the damage isnt from impact either. thanks for he help im going to try a new radiator.

Quick Reply: coolant issues...ideas?