LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Urgent!! Driveshaft!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent!! Driveshaft!

hey guys, i'm in the middle of doing this and i need to know... i'm putting an aluminum driveshaft in my car and its a whole lot bigger than the one that went in and i cant get it to slide in the way the factory one did. does anyone have any tips?? am i gonna have to drop the torque arm? thanks
Old 12-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you shouldent have to move anything....its a little bugger thats normal...im assuming your exhaust is in the way? somethigns gotta move then, you make the call
Old 12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Launching!

oh okay, yea that clip that holds the mid-pipe to the cat-back is making it dificult. i almost got it to fit one time, but it got stuck. should it work if i keep trying?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Launching!

What is the diameter of the new drive-shaft? I have an oversize 3 1/2" custom aluminum drive-shaft and Spohn T/A with dual loops and don't have any problems getting it in or out????

WD

Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Launching!

that's sounds like the right size 3 1/2. how do you put yours in? i tried inserting mine from the front of the car.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Launching!

I start from the back of the car and push the front yoke forward (along the Torque-Arm and exhaust pipe) into the transmission tail housing. Then, mate the rear U-joint with the yoke on the differential.

WD
Old 12-08-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^Yup what he said...I just put one in my car a few weeks ago..have to start from the back. Wiggle it by the exhaust yoke first from the back. Push it up until the yoke hits the housing then move to the front and slide it in the housing with your hand.

You will need to have it in neutral to line up the rear ujoint...alot easier if you have someone helping up so you dont have to keep getting up and down in order to get the rear ubolts good and tight.

Shouldnt have to move anything.

BTW my exhaust is 3in Y into a single muffler.

Good luck!

One other thing..I have a driveshaft saftey loop...I did have to bend the loop up towards the floor pan to keep it from hitting the driveshaft. Easy..put a jack under it and start jacking
Old 12-08-2007, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

When I had the Lingenfelter DS I had to start by putting the back of the DS up above the rear, then installing it into the trans then dropping the back down into the rear,

Quick Reply: Urgent!! Driveshaft!