LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 z28 problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 z28 problems

i just bought a 94 z28 and driving it on the interstate it's just fine. but whenever i'm driving around town it bogs down really bad like it's not getting spark or fuel. i've been told it has an lt4 cam in it and it runs really rich so i dont believe it's been tuned since it was installed. any ideas as to why it bogs so bad? and even driving it around town it doesnt do it all the time. if i pull the plug to the maf sensor it runs fine for the most part. it bogs down less but still does it every now and then. replaced the ignition control module already too.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgs3347
i just bought a 94 z28 and driving it on the interstate it's just fine. but whenever i'm driving around town it bogs down really bad like it's not getting spark or fuel. i've been told it has an lt4 cam in it and it runs really rich so i dont believe it's been tuned since it was installed. any ideas as to why it bogs so bad? and even driving it around town it doesnt do it all the time. if i pull the plug to the maf sensor it runs fine for the most part. it bogs down less but still does it every now and then. replaced the ignition control module already too.

If it hasn't been tuned for the mods you have(especially the cam), I'd say that's the source of the problem.
Although, I've had the same problem and it ended up being the coolant temperature sensor. It was the one in the water pump. It was giving the pcm a -44* reading, making it run extremely rich. $8 and easy to replace. Just a thought. I always start with the less exspensive problem and work my way up. Good luck and post your results.