LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 stroker

I Have A Lt1 Motor With A Lt4 Hot Cam But I Froze My Motor I Was Racing And I Started Losing Speed And Losing Speed Then My Motor Shut Off Idk Why..i Poped My Hood And Hella Smoke And Coolent Statred Coming Out...........iam Thinking Of Going With A 383 Stroker Mortor How Much Money Will I End Up Spending And What Kind Of Numbers Will I Be Seeing.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 408LT1CAMARO
I Have A Lt1 Motor With A Lt4 Hot Cam But I Froze My Motor I Was Racing And I Started Losing Speed And Losing Speed Then My Motor Shut Off Idk Why..i Poped My Hood And Hella Smoke And Coolent Statred Coming Out...........iam Thinking Of Going With A 383 Stroker Mortor How Much Money Will I End Up Spending And What Kind Of Numbers Will I Be Seeing.
2.5K is what I'm going to be spending on my LT1 when it craps out.
Heres the link of what I'm getting,....

http://www.speedomotive.com/ps-511-8...roker-kit.aspx

Depends all what you do and what cam you get for power wise.
Good luck!

PS: You should take care of the casting flashes for the oil holes. Makes for better flow.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That kit would be a BAD choice.

The pistons are stock equivalent, the rods potentially a step backwards because the stock LT1 rods are very good, by the time you add the parts to make it worthwhile and consider balancing costs and such you are at the price of a Compstar Speedpack which is a FAR FAR better package with better parts and value.

Before I would use that kit as is I would keep the stock crank give it some good rods say a $300 set of Scat capscrew 6" and Mahle forged pistons, would be a better total setup and despite the displacement love everyone has would be just as potent if matched with the right parts. I know everyone get caught up in forged cranks but the stock crank is STOUT and it would be the last piece I would worry about.